Seen The Pregnancy Miracle advertised all over the internet, but not sure if it’s worth your money?
Tired of all of the inflammatory sales pitches? Want some honesty?
Here is my Pregnancy Miracle story so you can make your own educated decision about The Pregnancy Miracle by Lisa Olson.
How it All Began: My Path from Tradgedy to Conviction
When I started this blog in October 2008, I had just gone through 4 years of depression, culminating with a death in my family which helped me put my life back into perspective.
Four years prior, I was diagnosed with premature menopause. My husband, Mark, and I had been trying to conceive for a year and a half when the news came and to say the least, I was devastated. At 32 years old, I felt like my life was over. All my dreams, my hopes, the years of waiting for Mark to come home from the Army so we could start our family together could never be.
I tried to fight it for a while. I didn’t want to believe it. But my doctors told me it was hopeless. I was infertile.
Every night I fell asleep and every morning I woke up, resigned to the same cursed existence. As I slipped deeper and deeper into depression, my friendships suffered, I found it increasingly difficult to get along with my family and, worst of all, the stress almost tore my marriage apart.
I loved Mark more than I had ever loved anyone or anything. The thought that I was the reason that he would never have the satisfaction of being a father, of teaching his kids how to play football or how to tie their shoes, of playing games with them and letting them win just to see them smile, of watching them grow up and achieve great things was just too much for me to bear. During those years, I even tried to end my marriage on several occasions, just so Mark could find another woman and be happy. This obviously only sent me spiraling further into depression.
Fortunately, I married the most amazing man in the world, and he stuck with me through that incredibly difficult time in my life.
At 36, I experienced my first death of a close relative, my Aunt Peggie, who had been like a 2nd mom to me when I was growing up. At 59, she was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer, and with what seemed like a gust of wind, 4 months later, so was no longer there. Somehow, the finality, and the irreversibility of that loss made me realize how limited my time was on this earth. It made me realize that I would never have a second chance to live my dreams. And suddenly, I found within myself a reignited, deep, burning desire to get pregnant.
In retrospect, this experience taught me a very important lesson-
At the beginning of every miracle is a white-hot burning desire that far exceeds any chance of failure.
As I became increasingly focused on my desire, I found myself filled with an unwavering and a focused determination.
I was ready to do whatever it would take. I was going to get pregnant.
From Passion to Action: Find a Gameplan
With my new found focus on getting pregnant, rather than self pity, I was prepared to do whatever it would take. However, after years of emotional instability, I was still a bit unsure about how to proceed. Fortunately, I married a military man, so I left the strategization up to him.
Mark did extensive research on a variety of fertility programs, from Amazon.com reviews to speaking with counselors at a local fertility clinic and days of surfing Google, the task proved itself harder than he’d bargained for. There was no shortage of TTC/infertility advice, but it was all so generic and recycled. There was a lot of focus on feel-good, new age fluff and not a lot of real substance.
I wasn’t looking for an excuse to feel better about my fertility.
I was looking for a plan to conquer it.
Our case of infertility was exceptionally severe, so we were looking for an exceptional fertility method.
One day, Mark stumbled upon a pregnancy forum where a pleasant lady by the name of Joanna was ecstatically sharing her first pregnancy at the age of 38. The thing about Joanna that was particularly interesting, was that, like me, she had abnomally high FSH levels and had also been diagnosed with premature menopause years earlier. We followed up with Joanna over email and asked her how she got pregnant, and she directed us to a book called The Pregnancy Miracle by Lisa Olson. Over several emails, we became friends with Joanna and decided to take her recommendation into consideration.
First Impressions: Don’t Judge a Book by it’s Cover
Sorry about the cliche, but when I first came to The Pregnancy Miracle website, I was not impressed.
Frankly, it was kind of ugly and didn’t look very professional. When I saw the book cover, it didn’t have the multi-million-dollar publishing house look that I had become used to, and I was honestly a bit suspicious.
Besides that, I had never bought an ebook in my life, and I generally associated them with “get rich quick scams.”
But something about this seemed different.
Taking the Plunge: Why I Bought the Pregnancy Miracle
Despite the initial lackluster impression of the website, I decided to read the information on the site based on Joanna’s recommendation and previous success.
The website itself had enough content to be a small book. Mark and I reviewed the page thoroughly and we were both surprisingly impressed. A few things particularly stuck out to us:
- Lisa Olson – not just another TTC guru: While there are plenty of self proclaimed pregnancy gurus out there, most of them teach the same, conventional methods, and some of them even perpetuate Western misconceptions about fertility. Most of them went through some trouble, trying to conceive, but we didn’t feel that any could handle a case as severe as ours. On the other hand, Lisa Olson, is a woman that was also once proclaimed “hopelessly infertile,” and instead of giving up, she dedicated 14 years of her life to fertility research. At 43, Lisa got pregnant with her first child, who was born healthy and without complications, and soon after, Lisa had her second child.
Another lesson I learned on my journey is this-
Picking your mentors is possibly the most important thing you can do to funnel your desire into success.
- The Pregnancy Miracle – not the same trite advice. As I’ve already mentioned several times, many of the other plans that we looked at featured the same generic, recycled fertility advice. The Pregnancy Miracle stands out distinctly from other TTC programs because it begins by taking a completely different stance on infertility than all other publications, a view that originates in Ancient Chinese/Eastern Medicine. Whereas Western medicine views infertility as some sort of failure or dysfunction, the word “infertility” does not even exist in Chinese. Only the word “imbalance.” And this the cornerstone of The Pregnancy Miracle method, to help you rebalance your energies and prepare you mentally, physically, and spiritually for the conception of a baby. The Pregnancy Miracle treats the body as the complex, interwoven system that it is, rather and isolated malfunction.
The Pregnancy Miracle aims to rebalance your body for conception, rather than “fix your uterus.”
- Free Consultation with the Author?! This is something truly unique. I have never been offered a chance to consult with the author of a book as an added bonus for purchasing that book. This actually opened my eyes and made me realize that ebooks were pretty cool. If Lisa had published her book through a major publishing house, she would doubtfully be able to have any contact with her readers, but since she self-published it online, she can do whatever she wants. So, in addition to her 14 years of research on paper, Lisa also offered me the opportunity to consult with her in the case that I ever found myself stuck or unsure how to proceed. One of the best reasons not to buy something worthwhile is the fear that you will not be able to make it work on your own. This is the reason that Ikea offers to send people over to help you assemble their furniture. To my knowledge, Lisa Olson is the only author offer this kind of support for her books.
Sometimes I avoid buying things because I realize that I will never be able to use them as well as they are demonstrated.
Fortunately, Lisa offers personal 1-on-1 consultation with her book to make sure it works for you.*
In my case, Lisa has become a mentor and dear friend.
- 100% Money Back Guarantee! This is what sealed the deal for me. I realized that I could sit and deliberate endlessly and read review after review, but this alone would not help me get pregnant any sooner. Since there was no financial risk for me, this decision was a nobrainer. I wanted to get pregnant fast, and if this book would help me do so, then it was worth almost any price. If it wouldn’t, then I’d just get my money back and continue looking for something else. Besides, I wasn’t going to find an offer like this from any of the generic books on Amazon, so I figured I may as well start with The Pregnancy Miracle.
I told myself, “Angella, $0 is not too much to risk in exchange for a chance at your dreams. This is not a hard decision.”
Putting the Plan into Action
The Pregnancy Miracle was a pretty quick and easy read. It was written in clear, straight forward English with minimal fluff. Best of all, it featured a clear, step-by-step prescription for rebalancing my body and getting pregnant.
I documented a decent chunk of my journey over the winter of 2008/2009 in this blog, but over 2 months I found myself doing the following:
- Meeting with an Eastern medicine specialist
- Attending acupressure/acupuncture
- Becoming best buddies with my Babycomp Fertility monitor.
- Adopting a (tasty) fertility diet
- Rediscovering my sex life
- Getting closer with my husband than we’d been in years
- Connecting with hundreds of amazing, supportive and equally determined TTC readers through this blog
And finally, on Tuesday February 3rd, it happened.
Mark had gone off to work early, since he’d been trying to spend more time with me in the evenings. I woke up at 9:30 a.m. in my favorite green PJs, brushed my teeth, and made myself a 2-egg omelet with 4 turkey sausage links on the side. I made myself a cup of warm, hot chocolate and went through my usual morning round of mommy-blogs.
My peak fertility period ended exactly 2 weeks ago, and Mark and I had sex exactly 2 times during that period. We had been on The Pregnancy Miracle journey for roughly 2 months now, and it was time to take the long awaited pregnancy test. At 11AM, I went back up to my bathroom and nervously took the test.
What happened next?
I couldn’t believe it, so I took not 1, but 2 pregnancy tests. Both positive!
My Pregnancy Miracle had come. I Was Pregnant!
The Aftermath: Spreading the Love
In the aftermath of my long awaited pregnancy, Mark and I found ourselves on cloud 9. Was this real? Were we still in the same lifetime? It was surreal how much had changed in only 3 months. But it was real. We’d done it. Together. Mark and I would finally get to call each other Mommy and Daddy, something we once believed we’d never get to hear.
As I began to adapt to the pregnancy, I was overcome by a surge of inspiration and gratitude to my mentors and all the people who had helped me get there. To Lisa Olson for showing me the way. To Joanna for her inspiration and guidance. To all of the couples who joined Mark and I on our Pregnancy Miracle and served as our online support group. And most of all, to my absolutely, beyond amazing husband Mark. Words will never do justice to how grateful I am for his presence in my life and how much I love him.
There I was. The happiest woman in the world, but I decided that things could get even better. I wanted to make other women as happy as me! I decided that I would start a workshop for women who had been abandoned by Western medicine and written off as “infertile,” just like I had been. I had no problem finding 24 women for my Pregnancy Miracle workshop.
If I had any remaining doubts about the effectiveness of The Pregnancy Miracle, our workshop put an end to them.
22 out 24 previously “infertile” women in my Pregnancy Miracle workshop got pregnant in less than 4 months!
Here’s the proof!
As for me, here is baby Lucas at 19 weeks!
The next step is up to you. How badly do you want to get pregnant?
I wrote this review so that you could be convinced for yourself that The Pregnancy Miracle by Lisa Olson works.
It worked for me. It worked for 22 women in my pregnancy workshop. And I know that its worked for countless other couples that have contacted me through this blog.
The ball is in your court now. You can either continue reading blogs, reviews, and searching for free snippets, or you can download The Pregnancy Miracle now, and give yourself a chance at your dreams.
If you are not 100% determined to get pregnant, The Pregnancy Miracle is not for you.
If you are, I sincerely hope you will be our next success story!
*I know that Lisa has become much more popular since I purchased The Pregnancy Miracle, so she may not be offering phone consultations by the time you read this. In my experience, she has always been responsive via email, etc. If this is a deal breaker for you, I suggest you find out for yourself.